Jatta is Finnish circus artist specialized in handbalancing and contortion, currently based in Toulouse, France.
She began her circus journey in 1997 when she started taking classes in a tiny traditional youth circus called Bravuuri in her native
town Kuusankoski. She spent there 13 years training, performing and giving classes, learning the basics of most of the circus disciplines.
In 2010 Jatta got accepted to the second year of circus education in AFUK in Copenhagen, where she studied during two years with
handstand and contortion as her main disciplines. In 2012 she continued her studies in Le Lido - Centre des arts du Cirque de Toulouse,
where she started to explore how to combine theatre, song, humour and absurdity with handstand and contortion.
She graduated in 2015 with her solo act Blue night and has been touring in Europe with her act ever since. She has also worked in several
compagnies as Circo Aereo, Naga Collective, Les Nouveaux nez & cie, Cie Yoann Bourgeois, GOP Varieté Theatre..
In 2018 Jatta created her own company Cie Biscornue, and started the creation of L'hiver en juillet (Winter in July), a solo street show which premier in summer 2019.
- Founder of Cie Biscornue, director and artist of
Winter in July, creation 2019.
- Scala by Yoann Bourgeois, France 2019.
- Co-founder of Naga Collective, co-director and artist
of Persona, creation 2018 Belgium.
- Abracadabra with Circo Aereo, Finland 2016-2017.
- Humorzone with GOP Variéte Theatre, 2016-2020.
- Corpus Mentalus with Les Nouveaux nez & cie,
- Le grand jour, 30 minutes long site specific solo
performance, co-produced by le Département de Seine
-et-Marne for the festival FETNAT 2018.
- Winter circus Dream with Tanssiteatteri Hurjaruuth,