Jatta is a Finnish circus artist specialized in handbalancing and contortion, currently based in Toulouse, France.
In 1997 she stepped in to the circus world. She started taking classes in a tiny traditional youth circus called Bravuuri in her native town Kuusankoski. As a kid she tryed out all the possible circus disciplines, and slowly she started to find her way to handstand and contortion, as she was inspired by the young talented Russian kids with whom she got the opportunity to train and perform with.
In 2010 Jatta got accepted to the second year of circus education in AFUK (DK) where she studied during two years. After being curious to explore more the theatrical side of circus, Jatta decided to apply to Le Lido in France from where she graduated in 2015 with her solo act Blue night, which is an awkwardly funny and unique piece that brings together handstand, blues, song and contortion.
In 2018 Jatta created the Compagnie Biscornue and started the creation of Winter in July, a solo street show which will premier in the summer 2019.
- Founder of Cie Biscornue, director and artist of Winter in July, creation 2019.
- Co-founder of Naga Collective, co-director and artist of Persona, creation 2016-2017, premier in 2018, Brussels.
- Le grand jour, director and artist of a 30 minutes long solo performance, co-produced by le Département de Seine-et-Marne for the festival FETNAT 2018.
- Abracadabra with Circo Aereo, Finland in spring 2016, autumn 2016, spring 2017.
- Corpus Mentalus with Les Nouveaux nez & cie (replacement), Un printemps dans les étoiles -festival in April 2016.
- Talvisirkus Uni with Tanssiteatteri Hurjaruuth, Helsinki from September 2014 to January 2015.
- Humorzone with GOP Variéte Theatre, winter 2016, winter 2017, spring and winter 2018, spring 2019.